05 October 2006

Pink musings

It's taken a few days, but now I understand why pink and yellow have been infiltrating my creative thoughts lately. Here's a photo I took last weekend. My standard Seduction rose is in full bloom. I cut an armful of roses - some fully open, while others were still closed buds. Once I'd filled a vase with them, I took a series of photos. My aim was to capture the colours, not necessarily the detail, so I made them slightly out of focus. It is these colours - the shades of pink, the soft white and the yellows - that have stayed within my brain since.

The miracle of the subconscious has worked its creative brilliance and processed the image. This quilt has to happen soon - I can feel the idea of these colours forcing themselves out. Truly, the brain is a miraculous part of us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)