27 October 2006

What a treat!


One objective achieved today - to purchase a copy of The Right Attitude to Rain. This is the third novel in the Sunday Philosophy Club series by Alexander McCall Smith and, even though I haven't read it yet, I know it is a story to treasure.

This series is set in Scotland and the carefully-phrased prose reveals many of the area's delights. The stories are very intelligent and provoke us to think more deeply about human interaction, while also being totally entertaining. Can you tell I am a huge fan of this series?

I will probably fondle and look at this book for a few days before starting to read it - prolonging the anticipation of the delight to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)