17 December 2006

Background noise

I'm not a fan of background music while I'm stitching. I find it distracting and after a while it annoys me and makes my sewing lines crooked (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Listening to the cricket, however, is an entirely different story.

Cricket and sewing go hand-in-hand. With the Ashes on at present, I find that the television coverage, turned down low, is the perfect background. You know that if a wicket is claimed it will be shown about 10 times on replay so you don't miss out on the action. Test games take up to five days, so there are plenty of boring bits too.

Last night, though, the cricket had my full attention as the Australian batsmen showed how to score runs. Absolutely fabulous viewing - and yes, I did finish the small quilt I was working on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cricket is even better when you mute the TV and listen to the commentary on 2BL (702). With Foxtel digital, when a wicket goes, you can still rush in to the TV and see it 'live' because of the delay with digital signal.

Tracey Petersen said...

OOOH Erica. You and I can't sew together. I have my music loud and proud. It helps me get my rhythm when I'm quilting!

Anonymous said...

The Cricket is a perfect reason to just sit and set tho. And Erica the book re dyeing you asked about is called Tie and Dye as a present day craft by Anne Maile...sheila

Caitlin said...

Ahhhh, I can only sew to SOME music. Used to love NewsRadio (ABC) to sew by, but can't get it here in Toowoomba! Cricket sends me to sleep.
HAPPY HOLIDAY!!