27 December 2006

Simple pleasures

I confess I am pleased by simple things. Today I experienced such a pleasure when I dyed more fabric. It's truly magical to watch white fabric turn into a coloured treasure, right before my eyes. I had five metres of fabric to dye, but soon whipped through that, so I had to rummage around in the stash to find some more. I guess I ended up with about seven metres in the end. I dyed larger pieces than before - I tried to do half-metres or larger. Here they are drying on the clothesline in the dappled sunshine of a Sydney day. All together now - aaahhh.

5 comments:

catsmum said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Vicki said...

Beautiful colors!

Helen Conway said...

Great dying - see my post today for a response to your comemnt about the african fabrics.

Tracey Petersen said...

I ordered some fabric to dye, but it didn't turn up before Christmas. Now I'll have to wait until new year, so I am very envious of your rainbow!

Lisa Walton said...

I can see another obsession forming here Erica