13 January 2007

I couldn't resist

Before Christmas, I enrolled in an online Quilt University course that doesn't start until 27 January. I didn't want to miss out, so I was terribly well organised. Of course, that meant that I have been dying to get started on it since then, but have had to be patient.

I went browsing this morning on the website to see if the course was full yet. Simply idle curiosity - it's not as if I expected that they would have moved the start date earlier for me. Before I knew it, I had enrolled in another course that starts today! Hooray!

I love Quilt University courses. I have done two before: Filament Fantasy with Linda Schmidt (all about using metallic threads) and To Bead or not to Bead with Susan Brittingham (about beaded embellishments on fabric). The prices are extremely reasonable, the tutors were great, the feedback was useful, the discussion with other students was fun, and the notes were wonderful.

The course I started today is Structured Fabrics with Dena Crain. It is about creating stripes, checks and plaids from fabrics already in your stash. I certainly have enough of those! I have just finished printing out the notes for lesson one, so I'm off to read them and get started on my homework. How exciting!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Please post as you take the class. I'm interested in this one and would appreciate your feedback!

Tracey Petersen said...

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed this. I think that the Quilt university concept is fabulous! Don't we live in an amazing time of technology.