21 January 2007

Second step

Remember last week I selected the fabrics for the Structured Fabrics online course I am doing? Well here is what I have done with three of them - I have made a piece of check fabric (lesson 1). The green is actually a lime green, but doesn't show as very bright here. It is stitched with a yellow/green/orange variegated thread, but I'm not sure that you can see it in this photo. Lesson 2 is plaid fabric, so I'll get started on that later in the week.

It is nudging 40 degrees celsius here and that is waaay to hot for sewing (or doing much of anything really!). Think I might have to watch the cricket on TV in front of the air conditioner.

2 comments:

Helen Conway said...

I like it. It reminds me of red and green apples with bites taken out of them. Very fresh and juicy.

Tracey Petersen said...

Beautiful Erica. It almost looks like you have woven it.