22 February 2007

Alternative lives

Whenever I have a case of the blahs, I try to step into one of my fantasy lives. My favourite way of doing this is to read about the lives of other people - sometimes through novels and other times through magazines. Immersing myself in stories is a way of enriching my own life and exposing me to worlds I may never otherwise experience.

One of my favourite magazines (I have many) is this one: Country Living (the British edition). There are always inspiring photographs of intriguing gardens, peeks into other people's houses, yummy recipes and always someone who works creatively with their hands. Imagine my surprise when I opened the January issue and saw an article about well-known quilter Lynne Edwards. Now I love this magazine even more! (I must not forget the apple and sour cream cake recipe - the photo looks delish.)

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

This is one of my all time favorite magazines. LOVE IT!!