17 February 2007

Remote control

Another remote control has come to live in my house. It seems as if all entertainment technology today comes with a remote control. Last night my television set died. It was old and its time had come and thus not worth repairing. Imagine my astonishment when I bought a new one today and it cost less than a third the price the dead one cost me over 10 years ago.

Sometimes I wish someone could just point a remote control unit at me and press 'on'. There are days when I really don't feel like thinking, but would just like to do what I have to do to get through the day. Wouldn't that be handy?

Today was such a day. I haven't drafted my block yet - and no, Sheila, it is not original. It is a block I liked in BlockBase (the Electric Quilt program which has all the blocks from Barbara Brackman's encyclopedia), but I want to alter the proportions of some of the pieces. I will do that in EQ if I can work out how, otherwise I'll resort to that old standby - pencil and paper.

1 comment:

MG Quilts said...

Let me know where to get one of those remotes. Some days I need two!