22 March 2007

Surprise 3

As you've probably noticed, this has been a week of surprises, but the most wonderful surprise was the one that seven of my friends organised last weekend. After arriving at a friend's place to meet before walking up the street to dinner at a local restaurant, I discovered that we weren't going anywhere. They had all cooked wonderful foods to surprise me with a belated birthday celebration.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. There were balloons, there were gifts, there was plenty of wine and masses of delicious home-cooked food. There was also a lot of affection and goodwill. Thank you to my sneaky friends - you know who you are. It was a wonderful night.

This special surprise deserved a special response, so I made fabric thank you notes like this. With strips of sequins stitched onto taffeta and a handwritten note on the back, each card featured a sparkling kiss, from Erica with love.

3 comments:

robertswayze said...

It certainly seems that you had a great time...and well any birthday celebration is always special for us...and hey fro some really great resources and ideas for birthdays also drop by my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Rhonda said...

What a great "thankyou" idea! I love it.

Anonymous said...

What a great and fun thing to do! And the thankyou's are gorgeous.
Nola