09 April 2007

Binding

I have an aversion to binding my quilts; not because I can't do it, but simply because there are many more interesting things to do (like start a new quilt). Yesterday, though, I stitched the binding to my Indigo Marble quilt, shown here.
The reason I photographed the quilt this way is that it is too big to photograph flat, I don't have a clothesline where I can stand back far enough to shoot the photo and there wasn't a convenient pair of extra hands to hold it for me. This is my entry for the Sydney Quilt Show in June and all it needs now is a hanging sleeve, but I think that can wait for another day. I hear my rotary cutter calling me to cut strips for my Gee's Bend challenge!

5 comments:

catsmum said...

my least favourite bit is putting on the casings. Yuck. Boring.
anyway Indigo looks spiffy and I look forward to seeing a laid out flat shot at some stage :]

Vicki W said...

The only good thing about binding is that the quilt is really done when the binding id done! Otherwise, it's just boring! Pretty quilt - love the colors!

Lindi said...

I like the colours and the design looks intriguing. Look forward to seeing it spread out. I don't mind doing the binding (handstitched part) because I always feel smugly satisfied that another quilt is almost finished. I usually sit and stitch it curled up on the lounge when family and friends are around, and we can just chat. DH makes the coffee, so I don't have to move!

Tracey Petersen said...

I hope that I can see this in person in June/July. We are making plans to come to Sydney for the quilt show this year.

I love putting on the binding because it means that I have finished and I can sleep under my new quilt.

Nicole and Phil said...

this quilt looks great! I wish I would be able to see it in real life at the Quilt show....grrr.....one of the things I really miss about living in Sydney!