22 May 2007

Colour vent

Thank you all for allowing me to vent about my aversion to brown. I feel MUCH better!

When I moved into this house, the first thing I painted was my mission brown front door. It is now a beautiful cornflower blue gloss. I have always wanted a blue front door (who knows why) and it gives me enormous satisfaction when I look at it every day. Sadly, I still have light brown carpet but I barely notice it anymore. I think I've blocked it out of my mind.

This led me to think about the items we own that make us feel good when we see them. I remember Susan writing about her blue and white mugs (can't remember which post it was though) - now there's a collection I covet! Do you have a simple item that brings a smile to your face when you see it?

4 comments:

Nola said...

Didn't Hugh Grant have a blue front door in "Notting Hill"? Look where that got him! (OK, so I admit we have been watching our older movies lately!)

I get a thrill from my set of Terry Dowling Rynosseros books, originally published in the late 70's and early 80's, which I have wanted for a long time and now own. Does that count as a collection? OK, I love looking at my owls, each of which has a story to tell. Some bought by children with limited pocket money, some bought overseas, and one very special one carved by my husband.

catsmum said...

I wanted to comment on the brown post but bad blogger wouldn't let me :{
anyway
aprt from needing brown for trees or rocks, I never use it either [ well rarely anyway ]
btw if we decide to actually go ahead and make quilts from our respective rock photos, there have been a couple of people express interest in joining in ... waddya think? Can we cope with a Challenge ?

Erica said...

Challenge - yes! the more the merrier. Tell your friends! Deadline - can't cope with any more deadlines in my life right now, so as long as it's open ended...

I don't do landscape quilts so mine will be just inspired by the colours in my rock photos. I figure inspiration is inspiration no matter which way you take it?

Michelle Watters said...

You are a woman after my own heart. Brown and I do not get on well. I am never drawn to the brown FQ's. I wear no brown clothes. I have no brown paint. Begone brown I say!