18 July 2007

Cold!

I know it's winter. I know it's supposed to be cold. But it's really cold! (Helen don't start about us Aussies being wusses - rugby in the snow, now that's just being silly!).

Depending on where you live, you may laugh at my definition of cold. You may think that it isn't cold until you have to hack your way through the piles of snow from your front door. However, yesterday morning my garbage bins were coated in ice. Ice! In Sydney!

To make it worse, my trusty hot water bottle sprung a leak in my bed and I have had to resort to my too-good-to-use back-up h.w.b. with its super-duper hand felted cover that looks like the hide of a cow (just imagine). Well a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

5 comments:

kirsty said...

I don't care where you live - if you've got ICE, you've got COLD!!

sMC said...

Oh I know what its like to have the hot water bottle spring a leak uggg. I never owned an Electric Blanket until I came to live in Australia. And it is COLD here.

Stephanie said...

Sunny and 20 degrees here in Perth, a little rain predicted for the weekend ah some have all the luck

Monica Johnstone said...

Cold has a lot to do with how your house is built and what sort of clothes are in the closet. Ice in Sydney definitely counts!

Helen Conway said...

Ah yes - but how thick is the ice..? :)