19 August 2007

Surfacing

You've probably been wondering where I've been, but I can assure you I haven't been flitting around on some exotic holiday. It's been a week of focusing on all the commitments I have and mostly that means work.

After a soothing afternoon last Sunday spent in the company of Nola and Carol, it seemed as if I would ease on into the working week. Indeed, this is what happened and before I knew it, suddenly it was Friday and I had plans to meet up with friends for dinner. I try to avoid going out on Friday nights because usually I'm brain dead but I rallied and we had a fun time catching up.

Yesterday was market day at the NSW Quilters' Guild meeting, where members could sell their wares. For the grand sum of $1.60, I purchased four pieces of blue fabric (of course, I can never had enough blue fabrics) from Kay. I also purchased a pack of Brenda's notecards, each one featuring one of her quilts. She still has some for sale if you are interested. One of my great plans is to produce such cards with photos of my own quilts but since I haven't done that yet I thought using Brenda's was the next-best thing.

During the week I discovered I have been nominated by two people (Susan and Nola) for the
for this blog. Thanks! It's one of those pass-it-on awards; this one is for being friendly and creative, I guess. I think the word 'nice' is under-rated. Some people think it is a trite and overused adjective but it has positive overtones to me. If you think you deserve this award, consider yourself nominated!

It's been raining since late last night and my garden is soaking up the precious drops. It's a perfect day to stay inside (perhaps with a short nap later) and try to overcome my disappointment with the draw we had at the footy last night. A draw. Can you believe that? It was such a tense game that I was quite exhausted afterwards so maybe that nap would help.

2 comments:

Nola said...

I'm with you on "nice". All those overtones of good, valuable things without drama or self aggrandizement.

It's a great day for a nap, isn't it?

catsmum said...

it's probably one of the ironies of life that if someone deserves the 'noice' award they probably wouldn't dream of nominating themselves.