23 December 2007

The summer garden

Lush. That's what my garden is at present; the result of some wonderful rain. The past few summers have been dry as the drought stretched across most of our country. It's been difficult to keep the water up to the plants and none of them have thrived. Until now.

This is a Hebe variation - one of many of the gorgeous plants from New Zealand in this family. Hebe, in Greek mythology, was the goddess of youth, so it's lovely to this represented in the garden. I love these plants because they are fairly hardy and have such gorgeous flowers. They brigten my spirits every time I see the glorious pink wands in bloom.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Erica!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment.
It always boggles my mind to see that it is actually summer in your continent when it is winter here, and vice versa. Your garden is lovely. I also love to garden, but right now I must be content with my winter plants: broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Aurugula, etc.

Merry Christmas and welcome to my blog!

xo