03 January 2008

Thursday thoughts

Today's first challenge was remembering what day of the week it is. All I think is 'holidays', so it doesn't really matter that the day has a particular name. The second challenge was after I saw my tomato plants had completely collapsed - the weight of the fruit had made the metal support fall down.

I gathered some wooden stakes and hammered them into the garden bed to prop them up. They'd been doing so well with the resources I'd supplied until they'd reached critical mass and asked for help by falling over. It was a simple matter to prop them up and now they are happy again. I know we all need propping up occasionally, but I prefer to ask for help before I collapse rather than afterwards!

I finished reading Water for Elephants. I wouldn't have read this without Sarah's recommendation because it is about circus life and it involves animals, neither of which interest me. How I would have missed out! Of course, like any story, it's really about people and their relationships and how they interact with each other. I finished the story with a smile on my face and that doesn't often occur. Thanks Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)