26 February 2008

Colour bursts

Colour is all around us and we just need to open our eyes to be inspired. However, sometimes a special excursion will allow us to soak up images we wouldn't see in our day-to-day lives. Join me on Erica's and Brenda's excellent adventure!

Yesterday we met at Sydney's Royal Botanic Gardens. We joined a free tour of the gardens, conducted by Eric, a volunteer guide. It was a small group, with people from as far away as Manchester in England, San Franciso in the USA and the Urals in Russia. After the one-and-a-half hour tour, Brenda and I headed off for our own walk along the various paths in the gardens, snapping photos as we went.


I love the shape of these leaves, and their gorgeous colours. Image these in a piece of hand-dyed cloth.

Red and yellow together? The shiny parts of this flower could have been made from plastic.

What can I say about this? The colours are simply stunning and the shapes are quite intriguing. Isn't the texture amazing?

I have way too many photos from the gardens to show in a single post. Our walking took up the morning and we spent the afternoon at the Art Gallery of NSW. More about that later. I'm still processing the sights and sounds of our excursion and I know they will result in some textile work!

2 comments: