20 March 2008

Making quilts (in theory)

Since I've had more time, I enjoy playing with quilt designs using EQ6. It saves sewing together masses of blocks only to discover that I don't like them! I've finished joining the 36 blocks in the centre of my batik quilt, using the dark grey thread I bought at Win On Trading on Tuesday. Very good thread for piecing.

Now, though, I don't like the outside border I planned, so I played around in EQ to see what alternatives I had. So far I have three different borders, but tomorrow I may have even more.

I'm not an expert EQ user, so when I couldn't find a way to extend borders the way I envisaged them, I posted a question to the EQ forum and within a day, I had an answer. Excellent resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)