29 March 2008

Passwords

Why is it that everything I do these days needs a password? How many stupid letter/number combinations can a single brain remember? In my case, it seems to be one (or three on a good day). And don't get me started on things where you need a user name AND a password. I can certainly understand why some people have the same password for everything and never change it.

The human brain is not meant for such trivia. It is designed to remember important information like 'where did I buy that blue spotted fabric' and 'measure the fabric carefully before you cut it into 16 strips that are the wrong size'. And, of course, 'where did I hide the last Easter egg?'

1 comment:

Helen Conway said...

You delay eating easter eggs long enought to hide them....? Wow what self restraint!