28 April 2008

AMS

I've written before about the pleasure of Alexander McCall Smith's novels. He writes the gentlest, most well-observed stories and, if you haven't tried them, you are missing a treat.

Of course, his new stories aren't published often enough so in between we have the pleasure of his newsletters. Again, beautifully written, when they arrive it seems as if they may even be written solely for the receiver. Back copies of his newsletters are here so you can enjoy the pleasure of his words and sign up for delivery by email.

3 comments:

shequilts said...

I adore his books. Hadn't realised there was a newsletter, thanks for the link. :)

Judith M Thomson said...

Dear Erica,
I know you don't know me from a bar of soap, but I enjoyed reading about the studio magazine which I will try and find. I thought you might be interested in a book called 'Studio -Australian Painters on the Nature of Ceativity' Text-John McDonald, published - R Ian Lloyd Publications.(Published last year I think - I bought it as a 50th birthday pressie for myself))
It is a glossy and fascinating to read. You can probably find it in a library as it is expensive. It is obviously about painters, but will be fascinating to all artists, I think.
I am reading The Right Attitude to Rain at the moment, so thanks for the link .
Judith T

Emma said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm a huge AMS fan and am awaiting the latest Mma Ramotswe installment for my birthday. I've now subcribed to the newsletter.