22 April 2008

More than 400

Since the late 1980s, I have collected every issue of the American magazine, Quilters Newsletter. Initially it was because I was totally ignorant of the ways of patchwork and quilting and I soaked up everything I read. I continue to read the magazine because it always had some article that interested me.

I received issue 402 today. What a wonderful cover! I know from personal experience how difficult it is to continue to find interesting content for a quilting magazine, so I admire the longevity of this particular title. I still find items of interest within the pages, but I have to confess I have never made a project from any of the issues.

In issue 402, there is a double page spread showing nine landscape quilts by Australian quilt maker, Gloria Loughman. The quilts were made between 1997 and 2007 and all have great energy. Worth a look if you aren't familiar with Gloria's work. The colours are divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)