03 April 2008

Today's pleasures

Lunch with Lisa started at 12 noon. We ate Lebanese food in Concord and talked and talked. And talked. Suddenly (it seemed) it was after 3 o'clock. We made our way back to our cars via the newsagent where we admired Lisa's quilt on the front cover of Down Under Quilts magazine (the April issue is my last one as Editor). Look out for Lisa's quilt - it is called Oranges and Lemons and very vibrant!

It's handy having a friend who can provide fabric.
For the binding on my string quilt, I needed some more of Lisa's red hand-dyed fabric, which she delivered today along with a surprise pack of strips! I feel other string projects coming on.

1 comment:

Di's Quilting and Craft Blog said...

Erica, I am a big fan of strip/string quilts and have always cut my leftovers into strips since starting quilting in 1991. We recently had a club day at our quilt group making a strippy quilt. You can see a slide show on toowoombaquilters.org Some are finished and look spectacular!