31 May 2008

There's more to an edge than binding

It's always interesting to learn of different quilt making techniques and it's even better to see them being demonstrated. Today, Brenda was the guest speaker at our Guild meeting. She challenged us to 'hear' what our quilts tell us - that some of them don't need binding.

Alternative edging techniques are often better suited to particular quilts. Being the resourceful person that she is, Brenda has prepared a list of online tutorials to illustrate various quilt-finishing techniques. I can see that I will be trying some of these techniques soon.

1 comment:

Helen Conway said...

Weird. Trying different edgings out is my next project and I just logged on to check out some web references I wrote down a while ago, got a little distracted into blog land.... thanks for getting me back on track!