02 June 2008

Observing progress

It's always interesting to observe the building progress each time we go to the football at the Sydney Cricket Ground. The new stand is meant to be completed by the end of this year and, for a while, I couldn't see that would be possible.

However, yesterday we were amazed at the progress between our visits. I took this photo on the 5th of May. You can see the frame of a new roof and seating on the left-hand side of the structure.
I took the second photo yesterday - the 1st of June. There are now three seating/roof sections in place, as well as an unexpected sight - a second light tower. This photo was taken about an hour and a half before the game, when there was still blue sky to be seen. These lights are obviously not connected to the electricity, because later in the game when it became gloomy and rainy, all the other towers were turned on, but not these.

Did I mention we won by 82 points? Excellent result.

1 comment:

Pennie & David said...

Fascinating photos... I like photos like this! I heard about the win on the News last night... NICE!