30 July 2008

20,000

Thanks to all who read my blog. Visitor number 20,000 has come and gone during this morning, and I didn't even notice! It took eight months to go from 10,000 to 20,000, so let's see if the next 10,000 ticks over more quickly.

My two blueberry plants arrived in the mail today, both securely packaged and ready to be planted in the garden. I am slowly redesigning the garden to accommodate more fruits and vegetables and the blueberries are my first berry bushes. The broccoli plants are looking healthy and I also have seed potatoes to plant. Soon it will be time to sow tomato seeds so I can have tomatoes to eat by December.

I bought by blueberries from the Diggers Club. They have some useful articles on their website, including a guide to becoming self sufficient with vegetables and one on how to convert your front lawn into a food garden. I'm not at that stage yet, but it makes for interesting reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica
I did your word puzzle to "Good Old Collingwood Forever" it looked a lot better in Black & White! Though I always have a soft spot for Swanees.
A bit sad after the scores in the game tonight though!
Deb
Albury