02 July 2008

Exhibition!

I am always grateful that I live in such an interesting city. There is always something stimulating to kick start my creative juices. One such exhibition opens on Saturday - Papunya Painting: Out of the Desert. This special display is at the Australian Museum (I haven't been there since I was in primary school!) and explores the special meanings of Papunya-style dot patterns and their stories of land and culture.

Of course no one in their right mind will go anywhere near the Museum while the Pope, his entourage and associated visitors are in town from the 15th July (the Museum is next to Sydney's Catholic Cathedral), so I have pencilled my visit in the diary for late July. Can't wait to see these paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)