28 July 2008

Hand piecing delight

Last week I discovered some templates for a wonderful block called Curved Star Hexagon. I made a sample block for a display and loved the impact that the gentle curve added to the design. Today I kept warm, put on a DVD (Meet Joe Black - I'd never seen this movie before; how could I have missed it? Simply delightful), and started hand piecing some blocks for a friend. (I've made two Sarah!) This has to be one of the nicest ways to spend an afternoon.

Look here to see the Matilda's Own templates (good Aussie product) and a block. I LOVE this block and plan to make this my next hand piecing project, since I don't have any handwork on the go. I couldn't find this block in my EQ6 library, so I may try to draw it myself with my new-found EQ skills.

2 comments:

Lisa Walton said...

Meet Joe Black is one of my fav movies of all time. I can just listen to the music over and over.

Anonymous said...

well if you can draw up one of those babies you are doing well. I consider myself an advanced user and have just created one and I don't consider it a simple task. Good luck.