23 August 2008

Mmm, mmm

Farmers bringing their products to market is an age-old practice and was a regular occurrence in my suburb during the early colonial days. This practice has been recently reinstated here and, every Saturday morning, fresh produce and other foodstuffs are offered for sale in the mall outside the town hall.

I wandered down there this morning for a look and came away with an organically-grown lettuce (not a type seen in supermarkets), a punnet of the most delicious strawberries I've tasted since the plants in my garden fruited, and a freshly-baked loaf of walnut soughdough bread, which I imagine will be delicious toasted. I suspect this may be a regular Saturday visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)