26 August 2008

Spring fever

I know it's only August, but I am having a serious attack of spring fever. My focus is my garden, where I am tidying up and planning the goodies to come. The Japanese maple has swollen nodes, which means the leaves are forming and will soon be unfurling. I planted some more strawberry plants and replanted the lemon grass into a large pot. I suspect I can keep it under control this way, unlike when it was in the ground and grew into an enormous clump. New growth is starting on my bougainvillea, which was butchered from my neighbour's side of the fence. The promise of growth is everywhere and, to celebrate, I enjoyed a long walk in the mild weather today. Spring is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)