14 September 2008

Adventures with EQ6

The more I learn about this quilt design software, the more I admire its capabilities. I also recognise how little I know about its complexities.

I have identified the curved star hexagon as block number 273 in the Block Base libraries and for that I am grateful. (It means I don't have to draw it in EQ myself.) It is listed in Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns as Six Pointed Star, first seen in the Kansas City Star newspaper in 1938.

I am attempting to draw some quilt layouts featuring this block and, while I am having fun noodling around, I can't set it correctly the way I envisage it in my mind. I am awaiting advice from the excellent Electric Quilt Forum, so I may have some layouts to show soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)