15 October 2008

Queen of the May

I'm becoming just a teeny bit addicted to using Matilda's Own perspex templates to cut pieces for traditional blocks. You all know about my adventures with the Curved Star Hexagon (I've made ten blocks now). Well, now I've discovered the Queen of the May templates. Look what I made with them!

There are only four templates in this set, but don't they make the most gorgeous block? (Yes, I know it's blue. Just can't help myself.) Hand piecing the block was very relaxing.

When I stopped by the shop this afternoon, Kathy showed me the quilt top she had made with these blocks. So beautiful. You can see some of Kathy's blocks here at the design wall stage. Don't they look totally different in bright colours? Love the ric rac.

Anyway, back to the Queen of May templates.
You can buy them from Material Obsession, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)