28 October 2008

Knitting by Anne Bartlett

I have been working my way through a selection of novels about knitting. I've read novels about knitting shop owners, novels about knitters who solve murders and novels about women who knit as part of their everyday lives. When I finish compiling my list, I'll post it on my blog.

This morning, I finished re-reading one of my favourites, Knitting by Australian author Anne Bartlett. I recall reading it several years ago when it first published, but this re-reading has reinforced what a beautifully written story it is. A story about several women and the way they come to terms with their lives, it is not cloying nor trite. It is a glorious, life-affirming narrative that left me feeling soothed and positive. I highly recommend this wonderful story.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Erica,

You have captured my interest I shall go looking fo a copy. I have not come across Anne Bartlet before.

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

Did you read The Yarn Harlot yet? If you haven't let me know and I will lend you my copy, it's my fav. x