25 October 2008

Laying out the blocks

I have made 16 blocks now. After taking out the blue and yellow ones because I have decided that a second quilt, in those colours, would be divine, I am left with these 12. They are on my design wall and I like the diamonds that are formed where the blocks touch. A fabric for these shapes is yet to be found (although I have been drooling over a suitable fabric at Material Obsession for two weeks now. Maybe if it is still there on Wednesday, I will have to acquire some.)

I've played around in EQ6 with this and have mocked up this layout for the quilt. I still haven't managed to draw the blocks correctly (they have an elongated look), but at least it's an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)