18 October 2008

More quilts are coming to town

I love a good quilt show with plenty of diverse work to see. Even though I am drawn to certain styles of quilt, I am often taken unawares by other quilts that call to me. Sometimes I don't know what I like until I see it!

That's why I am so excited about the big exhibition that will be in Sydney at the end of this month. It will will have quilts from the Gee's Bend Collective, which is reason enough to visit. The Gee's Bend quilts are for sale, too. But there are also masses more quilts, including 30 from each from Quilt Mania (France), Patchwork Tsushin (Japan), New Zealand Quilter (New Zealand) and Down Under Quilts (Australia) magazines.

Deborah is one of the organisers of the event and she sent me these photos from last weekend, where the exhibition was shown in Brisbane. The photos don't show the full show, but they have given me a taste of what I will be able to savour.

The exhibition is called the Quilt Indulgence Festival and it will be held at Canterbury Racecourse in Sydney on 31 October and 1 and 2 November. If you're in Sydney, why not pop in for a visit?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Erica,

You are so lucky to be where the quilts will be on show, lucky, lucky you!