17 March 2009

Excursion time!

I love an excursion. It's fun to get out of the house and see new things. So it's with glee that I'm looking forward to next Saturday, when Nola and I will be travelling to Katoomba to see quilts. To make it a proper day out, we'll be travelling from Sydney, up the Blue Mountains to the wonderful town of Katoomba on the train. Such fun.

The quilts we are going to see will be at the glorious Carrington Hotel. This historic hotel is a local landmark and was originally built in 1882. I have to make sure my camera batteries are charged, because I'm sure we will be snapping lots of pics!

But back to the quilts. The event is the inaugural Katoomba Quilt Show and Airing of the Quilts. The weather forecast is fine and sunny, so it will be a wonderful opportunity to see quilts in the mountain air. I am so looking forward to this day. Maybe I'll see you there?

2 comments:

virtualquilter said...

Sheesh! I wish! But I will drive over two hours to Renmark for International Quilt Day!
Judy B

glynis said...

Is that the same week-end they are showing quilts at the Wentworth Falls School of arts as well? Just a short walk from the Station up the hill a bit.