11 March 2009

Grandma's Star 2

I've had several enquiries about the Grandma's Star block I showed on Monday. Yes, it was cut using a set of Matilda's Own perspex templates from Material Obsession. I'm glad you like it, because you'll probably be seeing more versions of this in the future! Lime green is making me very happy.

Making blocks with these and other perspex templates is the subject of my Slow Burners classes at Material Obsession. You can see how fussy cutting can change the appearance of a block and how easy it is to piece these by hand.

It's not to late to join us for a peaceful couple of hours each month where we can hand piece blocks and enjoy the slower pace of creating unique quilts. The next session is next Saturday 14 March. To book your place, email Material Obsession or phone 9817 2733.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)