15 April 2009

Excursion day

Even though it's sometimes difficult to coordinate meeting with friends who live in different parts of the state, planning a creative excursion is so worth it. Today I went with Brenda and Fiona to visit the Chinese Garden of Friendship at Darling Harbour. Despite the fact that the garden was established in 1988 and I have lived in Sydney my whole life, I had never visited before. Sometimes that's just the way it is - we take our own city for granted.

I took loads of photos that have started my subconscious thinking about shapes and colours. Today I'll just show you some of the building photos. I simply adore the curved sections of the Chinese pagodas. Aren't they interesting against the city offices and apartment blocks? The top left photo is of The Gurr, a hexagonal, two-storey building with golden ceramic roof tiles. Divine. And yes, the sky really was that deep blue. Another glorious Sydney day.


  1. The sky looks amazing behind those peaks of the roof.

  2. I fondly remember my day there. We acquired a pair of Chinese wedding boxes with ornate painted birds on them. We enjoy them to this day and it reminds me of the gardens there.

    Wish I could have gone with you guys.


Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)