28 June 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

This is a very silly book and people who take their Jane Austen seriously will hate it. Seth Grahame-Smith has taken Jane Austen's classic novel and refashioned it in an England beset by zombies (or, the description I prefer: "the manky dreadfuls").

It is very funny and I confess I chuckled quite loudly during certain passages. Grahame-Smith has reworked the story line to include the skills of the Bennet daughters, particularly Elizabeth, in the fight against the zombie menace, although I was disappointed that Elizabeth was unable to belong to the League of Gentlemen for the Encouragement of Continued Hostilities Against Our Most Unwelcome Enemy.

Such a fun book (and wonderful revenge on Mr Wickham for being such a cad).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)