15 June 2009

Sydney Quilt Show dinner

Finally the Sydney Quilt Show is over and there are many weary people who can proudly say what a wonderful show it was. One of the highlights is always the Gala Dinner, organised by The Quilters' Guild of NSW Inc. This year, Helen Godden was the guest speaker. Here she is, speaking about The Poppy Paradox quilt. The view shown in my photo (with Helen's permission) is the back! The front of the quilt has a black background, with the design drawn during a discharge dyeing process. As usual, Helen was most entertaining.


There were three lucky door prize winners at our table. Here I am with Sue Dennis and her prize - a wonderful framed print of one of Caroline Sharkey's textile works, donated by Caroline. To say Sue was thrilled is an understatement!

I won a gift voucher from Blue Willow Cottage, which I promptly exchanged the next morning for this roll of 20 Hoffman batik strips. Yum. Thanks so much to Blue Willow Cottage for donating my wonderful prize.





2 comments:

Brenda said...

That's one lucky table I was seated at!

Helen Godden said...

So glad I was entertaining...perhaps it could be called Quiltataining! I think perhaps it was the wine consumed with the meal but there were quilters falling off the chairs with laughter everywhere! a fun night and a wonderful week...thank you QGNSW
HG