08 July 2009

Planning

Today Deborah and I had a sewing morning, although I confess not a single stitch was taken. We were too busy arranging quilt blocks, playing with fabric, cutting selvedges, looking at new magazines, examining doilies and embroidered cloths, drinking coffee, eating banana cake, talking about article ideas and getting excited about our overseas trip.

Not that we need any encouragement to get excited, but Deborah had purchased some fun accessories for us to take along.

The gorgeous plastic voodoo shape is actually a baggage label from Smiggle - name and address details are on the back of the label. How cute is this? Mine, of course, has blue features while Deborah opted for pink ones.

My bag tag lolls on the cover of an Amy Butler journal. Not only is the cover made with laminated Amy Butler fabric, but each page has motifs from Amy's fabrics as well. Absolutely perfect for jotting down - well, absolutely anything! Writing on the first page of any new journal is the difficult part, so I will start using this book soon.

On the way home I dropped into Material Obsession to buy more of the lavender/green spotted fabric for my current quilt. It was difficult to stay focused and not to swoon over all the new fabrics while I talked to Kathy and Bundle but I managed (just).

A perfect day, as I dodged the heavy showers.

1 comment:

Sue Dennis said...

Love Smiggle stuff Erica. Great luggage tag.