08 August 2009

I sometimes forget

how satisfying it is to enjoy the company and interplay between a small group of quilters. This morning was our monthly Slow Burners class at Material Obsession. We missed July because of holidays so it was great to catch up with the sewing that had been achieved and to welcome Emma, a new student to the group.

One of things I love about classic pieced blocks is the way they can look so different, depending on the way the fabrics are cut and the allocation of colours. Fussy cutting is a favourite technique of mine and so it was with Susan, who showed these fabulous fussy-cut Rose Star blocks. Remember that each block is made with a single template. Look at all the secondary patterns that Susan has created by carefully cutting her pieces. Aren't they like the most wonderful kaliedoscope patterns?

Trish also made Rose Star blocks, fussy-cutting the centre pieces of each block from different parts of a single piece of fabric. Aren't they great?

Apologies to the others whose blocks I didn't photograph. I always get so caught up with the show and tell at the beginning of class that I forget to get the camera out! I promise to do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)