29 August 2009

Irish Quilting

One of the pleasures of visiting a quilt show overseas is being exposed to new and interesting things. I was fortunate to meet and chat with Sherry Nugent, the Editor-in-Chief of Irish Quilting magazine, while at the Festival of Quilts. Irish Quilting is a beautiful magazine, printed on heavy, glossy paper.

It was great to chat about quilting magazines and the common links between Australia and Ireland. I have a copy of the latest issue in my hand and the on-site photography entices me to visit the locations in Ireland. What beautiful settings Sherry chose to use to enhance the quilts. The cover quilt, Irish Summer Picnic, was photographed overlooking the Irish Sea north of Wicklow Town. Gorgeous!

I also chatted to Rebecca Todd, an Australian who currently lives in County Wicklow in Ireland. Rebecca is a longarm quilter who is also a regular contributor of projects to the magazine. I think Rebecca was just wanted to hear another Aussie accent, so I was happy to oblige while we talked of all things quilty. It really is a common language to all its enthusiasts!

1 comment:

VerrySherry said...

Hi Erica, It was a delight to meet and speak with you. Hope you enjoyed your travel s. Looking forward to our quilty connections to come!
Sherry