13 September 2009

Artcloth

Fairfield City Museum often hosts intriguing exhibitions in the Stein Gallery. This afternoon, Brenda and I ventured there to see Artcloth: Engaging New Visions, a collection of pieces by 20 international artists. The day was sunny and warm and we treated ourselves to a pub lunch before crossing the road to see the exhibition.
All the artists were invited to create a piece of art cloth approximately one metre wide and three metres long. This made for a reasonably coherent presentation. In any exhibition, I always find that there is one piece of work that calls to me. In this instance it is Breathe Deeply by Claire Benn from England, a profoundly calming work. Pity I can't show you a pic!

The exhibition is open until 11 October. More information may be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)