19 December 2009

Loving this

Purchased at Prints Charming earlier this week -a fat quarter of the most wonderful mandala pattern. Too gorgeous to cut?

As I fondled it in the shop, I realised there was an added bonus - an extra-wide selvedge!

Cath and Kirsten just laughed when I pointed it out because they had seen my latest project featured on the cover of the current issue of Down Under Quilts - a quilt made with selvedges. (Full instructions to make my quilt, On the Edge, are in the magazine.)

Or, if you'd like to try a smaller selvedge project first, hop over to SEWN, where you will find a tutorial to make my postcard-size selvedge tulip quilt. While you're there, don't forget to enter SEWN's 10 days of Christmas giveaways - there are lots of goodies to be won!

2 comments:

June Calender said...

I would love to see a full picture of your selvage quilt. I haven't seen that magazine for sale here in the US and when I went to its website they had nothing current -- I was hoping for at least a picture if not the article. It would be fantastic if you put a picture of the quilt here on your blog.

two hippos said...

Thanks for the tips on how to get rid of the bulky selvage seam. I'll have to try that next time!