05 December 2009

Selvedges, selvedges

Issue 139 of Down Under Quilts magazine is out now - with my quilt on the cover! How exciting!

You all know how much I enjoy using selvedges to make fun things, and several of my friends have generously donated their unwanted selvedges to me over the past couple of years.

I made my quilt, On the Edge, with linen, assorted selvedges and a beautiful print for the borders. The full instructions are in the magazine.

There's also an eight-page article about how other quilters have used selvedges in their projects and how to make Linda Robertus's selvedge shopping sack. Everything a selvedge lover could possibly want!


The other fabulous reason to buy issue 139 is the spread about Australian fabric designers. We sure have fantastic, creative talent in this country and it makes me a very proud Aussie.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Erica, What a wonderful accomplishment to have your beautiful quilt showcased on a magazine cover! You go, Girl!!!
Linda/Handpiecing & Applique Yahoo Group

Lara Gibbons - Chocolate Coated said...

Trimming off selvedges has just gathered new significance. Perhaps now I'll trim a little more than a little less.