08 January 2010

Love walked in

I stayed awake very late last night, finishing reading this book, Love walked in by Marisa De Los Santos. I had to - the story was so engrossing and I needed to know how the characters' lives worked out.

Even though I was at work all day today, my thoughts drifted in spare moments to the book - what had touched me so much and made me feel so strongly?

One aspect is the language. It is so beautifully written - the deft touch of a poet is at work here. Thoughts and actions are carefully, yet evocatively, described. A fantasy-like feeling overtook me in some parts as I flowed with the rhythm of the words.

To enjoy a story, it is imperative that I care about the characters; that I feel I know them and want to learn more about them. I'm investing my time in the characters and seeing them through the veil of my own life experiences. These characters delivered. Hugely.

I feel I'm a better person after experiencing this novel. It is threaded with hope and triumphs by bewitching the reader. All I can say is this - read and savour.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I'll put this one on my "to read" list .. I would like a lovely story. i have just chucked aside (back to the library partially read) "The Slap" ... might be a bestseller but I found it crude and vulgar and had no desire to see how it turned out!

Cait said...

Thanks Erica - this looks like my kind of book - I went straight to Book Depository! I'm also keen to make a pennant or two ...

thelastpiece said...

hmmm, I might have to give this one a go Erica! Thanks....

日月神教-向左使 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,性感影片,正妹,聊天室,
情色論壇