This leads me to share with you this brand-new magazine, Down Under Textiles. Edited and published by Deborah Segaert (also the editor and publisher of Down Under Quilts magazine). Back in October, I was fortunate to contribute a few pieces to the first issue of this new magazine and here it is! A new Australian title to hit the market - all about everything textile.
In this first issue, you can read all this:
- Using Shiva paint sticks with Sue Dennis
- Create a scarf with Sam Pope
- Make a silk wall hanging with Cecile Whatman
- Learn a welt felting technique with Gutermann
- Lino print printing with Dijanne Cevaal
- Make silk paper with Erica Spinks
- How to use Lutradur with Dijanne Cevaal
- How to use an embellisher machine with Fiona Hammond
- Artist Trading Card gallery
- Australian fibre artist Felicity Clarke shares her creative journey
- Comments on colour from leading Australian artisans
- How and why a journal can inspire the creative life
- Plus more!
Now, I'm off to investigate the tools needed for lino printing. Maybe I'll have to enrol in Dijanne's online lino printing course, too....