25 March 2010

Show your quilt to the world

If you can't visit the V&A Quilts 1700-2010 exhibition (like me, sob!) you can add your quilt to their fantastic website and become part of a virtual exhibition instead. All the details are here.

This is a great example of how a website can add value to an exhibition and how it can create more interest, even throughout the world. An interesting and attractive website can add enormous value to a business. Imagine how many people will visit this and talk about it amongst their friends? Imagine how many people will make plans to visit London, just to see the museum?

The V&A Museum is one of my favourite places. Even though Deborah and I spent only a single afternoon there last year, it has made a lasting impression on me. Do you people who live in the Museum's vicinity know how lucky you are (and how jealous I am)? It is a true gem and an endless source of inspiration to lovers of design. Sigh.

2 comments:

Helen Conway said...

I get to go on Saturday en route ( in a very round about but worth while kind of way) to Bath! Yipeee!

thelastpiece said...

Isn't that a fab idea? I pulled it out to add a link to Sewn for the next upload, I think it's such a fun project!
Lucky you Helen, take us with you....