31 May 2010

Back again

Hmm, sorry for slipping out of the blogosphere! You'd think that the experience of writing here regularly since 2006 would have established a good habit, but I've had the blahs and sometimes I just don't feel as if I have anything interesting to say. (Hint: this where you all rush to reassure me that's not the case!)

But I have been sewing. In the first pic, you can see the results of my reverse sewing ie unpicking. I'd made a heap of blocks and sewed them together to make a small quilt top, but the fact that it had been on my design wall for a few months was a sign that it wasn't working. So I unpicked all the rows and unpicked the blocks into units and this is the result.I know how I want to reassemble the units differently, so I'm happier now.


The second pic shows another current project. I spent ages crunching the numbers to work out the right sizes to cut the pieces and ended up with what seemed like squillions of small half-square triangles. I'm loving these units at the moment and all my projects seem to include them.


Unusually for me, both of these projects are machine pieced. I don't enjoy sitting at the machine for long periods of time, so I don't expect a lot of progress to be made quickly. But it will happen!

Another reason for banishing the blahs - I've liberated the latest copy of Quilting Arts magazine from my mail box before the heavy rain could make it soggy. Let's hope there's some interesting reading in this issue, since I've found the last couple of copies to be very ordinary.

2 comments:

virtualquilter said...

Erica,

I am not going to reassure you and tell you you write wonderful stories .... but I missed your notes about stuff that I am usually intensely interested in!

Judy B

Sue Dennis said...

Welcome back Erica. Nothing wrong with having time off, I say.