18 May 2010

Online Quilt Museum

Karen Griska (whom I've come to know through our shared adventures with selvedges) emailed me last week to tell me about her new venture, and what an exciting one it is!

Karen says:
I'm excited to let you know that my new website was launched today. I've been working on it / thinking about it for over 4 years, but as you know life gets in the way sometimes, and I had some challenges climbing the "learning curve," but it's finally here. There are 678 quilt photos for starters. The thing that makes this venue special is that in addition to Exhibits that I create, there are Galleries managed by individual quilters to exhibit their quilts. It's open to everyone, of course. Take a look when you have a chance. I'm hoping that this will be something that excites and encourages quilters who will get to see all their quilts in one place. A world quilt show. And if they choose, quilters can indicate that their quilts are available for sale, and include their email address in their artist's statement so viewers can contact them. Or they may want to attract traffic to their blogs, websites, Etsy or eBay stores by having a Gallery in the Museum.

I've been browsing Karen's Online Quilt Museum this morning and have seen some very interesting quilts. Why don't you pop over and check it out for yourself?

1 comment:

Selvage Quilter said...

Hi Erica, thanks for mentioning the new Museum site.

The first challenge is: "If you were a quilt what would you look like?" That should be fun. I'm still thinking, but I know the answer will be found in my stash.

Hugs, Karen