28 June 2010

Damson delight

I have long been on the lookout for a simple cardigan pattern. I can knit, but I lose interest in complicated patterns and am not challenged by fancy stitches. I have a short attention span so I like to knit things that I can put down and easily pick up the flow when I start again. A master knitter I am not!

So. One of the advantages of the Craft and Quilt Fair is that there are many vendors under the one roof. As I browsed the stands, I kept an eye out for a simple pattern and found it on the Turramurra Drapery stand. 


Simple knitting and a simple wrap over style. Perfect.

I went home after the show and immediately ordered this gorgeous wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills. It arrived on my doorstep early this morning and I am thrilled with the colour - Damson.

It is challenging choosing colours from a sample card. Lovely to touch and see the real wool, but they are such tiny pieces I can never really be sure I'll like it in larger lengths. Well, this is absolutely gorgeous. Now, where are my knitting needles?

Added later: big sigh. Of course, I seem to have every size needles except the ones I need. To the shop, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)